PART 9 - DUTIES OF OFFICERS
59. The Chair is responsible to lead, coordinate and facilitate the activities of the Board of Directors, ensuring that Board goals are met.
60. The Chair shall preside at all meetings of the Association and of the Directors unless the members or the Directors otherwise decide.
61. The Vice-Chair works closely with the Chair to ensure that Board goals are met.
62. The Vice-Chair shall carry out the duties of the Chair during his/her absence.
63. The Secretary shall:
63.1 ensure that minutes are taken and distributed of all meetings of the Association and Board of Directors;
63.2 maintain records of the Board and ensure effective management of the Association’s records;
63.3 have custody of the common seal of the Association (if any); and
63.4 ensure that the register of members is maintained.
64. The Treasurer shall:
64.1 keep the financial records, including books of account, necessary to comply with the Societies Act; and
64.2 render financial statements to the Directors, members and others when required.
65. The offices of Secretary and Treasurer may be held by one person, who shall be known as the Secretary-Treasurer.
66. In the absence of the Secretary from a meeting, the Directors shall appoint another person to act as Secretary of the meeting.
67. Other officers, if any, shall perform such duties as the members decide.
68. The Directors or members may add additional duties to any Director or officer or transfer duties among Directors or officers.