PART 3 - CONDITIONS AND PRIVILEGES OF MEMBERSHIP
9. To remain in good standing, every member shall:
a) Uphold the Constitution
b) Comply with these Bylaws and the Membership Policy; and
c) Pay his annual membership fee or any other subscription or debt due and owing by him to the organization.
10. Membership shall be conferred upon payment of the annual membership fee, if any, and agreement to uphold the Constitutions and Bylaws of the Association as well as the Membership Policy.
11. Membership in the Association shall not be transferable.
12. Members in good standing:
12.1 shall have full voting privileges;
12.2 may be elected as a Director of the Association in accordance with the Association’s constitution and policy regarding Board composition and recruitment.
13. A Director or member ceases to be a member of the Association:
13.1 by delivering his resignation in writing to the Secretary of the Association or by mailing or delivering it to the address of the Association;
13.2 upon his/her death or, in the case of a corporation, on dissolution;
13.3 on having been a member not in good standing for a period of time prescribed by the Directors;
13.4 upon expulsion of a member by two-thirds majority vote of the Directors at a meeting of the Board of Directors of the Association.
13.4.1 The Board shall have the power to expel any member whose conduct shall be considered to have been improper, unbecoming, or likely to endanger the purposes, objectives or character of the Association or who willfully commits a breach of the Bylaws of the Association.
13.4.2 The notice of special resolution for expulsion shall be accompanied by a brief statement of the reason or reasons for the proposed expulsion.
13.4.3 No Director or member shall be suspended or expelled, without first being provided an opportunity to be heard at a Board of Directors meeting to be called for such purpose and for which at least five (5) days notice has been given.
14. A Director not in good standing may be expelled from the Board of Directors according to bylaws 45.2 and 45.3.
15. Members are in good standing except a member:
a) who has been determined by a majority vote of the Board of Directors at a meeting of the Board of Directors of the Association to have failed to uphold the Constitution, or comply with the Bylaws and/or Membership Policy of the Association, in which case the member remains "not in good standing" until such time as a majority vote of the Board of Directors determines that the member is again in good standing.
b) who has failed to pay his annual membership fee or any other subscription or debt due and owing by him to the Association, in which case the member remains "not in good standing" so long as the debt remains unpaid.