ARJAA is a volunteer-driven organization that encourages participation from people who are interested in making a difference in their communities, and especially in the lives of young people.
Do you have a passion for helping kids and youth?
Do you have a heart for helping people reconcile their differences?
Do you have an interest in providing support and assistance to those who have been affected by crime?
Do you have skills, training and experience that would benefit the work of Restorative Justice?
Do the values of Restorative Justice make sense to you?
Do you have time to give?
If so, then volunteering may be right for you.
Volunteers can be active in many ways:
- Serving as mediators (training is provided)
- Serving as a mentor
- Serving on committees
- Serving on the Board
- Helping with fund-raising and public events
- Providing advisory support and expertise
- Assisting in the office
- Helping with the website
- As cultural guides and translators to assist with cases involving clients with limited English
All prospective volunteers must fill out a Volunteer Application Form, providing 3 references, and a Security Clearance and Vunerable Sector Form. The three forms must be signed, and returned to the ARJAA office.
Prospective volunteers are screened through an interview and with reference checks.
Successful volunteers will be invited to attend training sessions. The cost for attending the training sessions are at a subsidized rate because of generous donations by other organizations. ARJAA also puts in considerable time and resources into interviewing, screening and training of potential volunteers; therefore, potential volunteer mediators and mentors must be prepared to make a two year commitment to the organization.
Volunteering with ARJAA provides rich learning opportunities, new friends and connections, and meaningful ways to help other people and families in your community.
* Please note that in order to be accepted as a volunteer with Abbotsford Restorative Justice and Advocacy Association you need to have 3 years between any illegal drug usage and your application to our organization.
Come join us!